Thursday, July 19, 2012

2011 EXterra Triathlon - Guys revealing their belly buttons

NOt a part of Devolution Media. I'm just shocked.

I'm watching the Xterra Triathlon from last year, and I think the three top male finishers were each wearing shirts that revealed their belly buttons.

I think that's the first time I've ever seen that. Women of course have their athletic outfits - at least for on tv, designed with eye candy in mind, but guys, never.

But in this event all the guys (and gals) were wearing muscle shirts that revealed their defined musculature (and quite nice they were, too) and while most had full length shirts, a few, as above, had those that terminated just at the midpoint of the belly button.

I've never participated in anything remotely close to a triathlon, or any other highly skilled athletic event of a similar nature...so I can't say whether those shirts would be comfortable or uncomfortable... I have to admit they would drive me crazy. I don't like cool air on my back, which is what girls (and now, seemingly, a few guys) get when they wear a shirt that ends a few inches above their jeans or slacks or what have you. I've never lied that feeling.

But I guess you can get used to it if you're in to the "fashion" of showing off your belly button, although I admit I've never understood what's so sexy about a woman's belly button. Maybe if its in a flat stomach, but so many girls today do not have flat stomachs, and then it's just gross, surely!

No comments:

Post a Comment