Monday, November 19, 2012

Today's cartoon animation

So, okay, the Hanna Barbera animation of the 1960s and 70s when I was growing up was nothing to shout home about, but what on earth has happened to the animation of today. It's so awful. Everyone is presented as looking really, really ugly, whether it's the men, women or pets.

I suppose the blame lies at the hands of the producers. They see some godawful piece of junk that is nevertheless popular - I think Beavis and Butthead started the trend - and I see by Wikipedia that this thing started in 1992 and ran until 1997...and the majority of cartoon producers have been following that model ever since.

So I was watching a show just a few minutes ago, and now I can't find it again because I dont' know the name of it. It's on Cartoon Network...c'mon, CN... well, my Guide channel isn't showing CN as an identifier for any channel.

Anyway, it had two female scientists - girls - both red heads, one with "big" hair and the other with very long hair, and a talking dog...

I dunno, maybe animation is cheaper if they draw everything so poorly...

No comments:

Post a Comment