Sunday, November 11, 2012

Go Daddy's Latest Commercial

Every time I see one of these pieces of garbage I regret having my domain names on GoDaddy...but I've got so many of them and it would be difficult to change..

But they do sicken me.

Watching NFL on Fox, 1:35 pm mountain time, station has just switched to Atlanta vs New Orleans.

And I've just seen a GoDaddy commercial that was extremely disgusting.

On one hand we've got a middle aged, fat guy wearing a muscle shirt (with no muscles to show off, of course - (this isn't a commercial for women, it's a commercial for guys) juxtaposed with a beautiful woman eating a piece of pizza...as if she's eating something else, with an  expression on her face like she's having an orgasm.

Final shot is of some waitress bending over, with her butt angled toward the camera, and she looks back at the camera with a lascivious "yes, I'm on this planet to serve you, mr. man, don't respect me, just screw me" look. Then it cuts to the fat old guy pummelling a piece of pizza dough.

Surely there are ways of making a commercial "sexy" without making it prurient - which is what this is. Which is what all of GoDaddy's commercials are.

Prurience means - treating a woman like a sex object only. Not in the sense of two human beings who respect each other and love each other having sex, but a guy who sees an attractive woman and a woman who will have sex with him because that's the only reason why she exists. Blech, blech, bleck!

No comments:

Post a Comment