Sunday, February 5, 2012

Every Single Super Bowl Ad - Except the Polar Bear ads

If there was a Super Bowl ad that didn't have a sexual component - and not a romantic sexual component, but rather a "I'm a woman look at me and fantasize about having sex with me because that's why I'm on this planet" - I didn't see it.

Oh, there was one where the women got a bit of beefcake - some car commercial I think where first we see a lot of women in bikinis sitting on a chair, then they are magically changed into beefcake guys - but for the most part, it was all beautiful women prancing and posing as mere eye candy.

Then of course there was the halftime show. I thought Madonna did a good job, but there was some woman rapper named M.I.A. who swore and also apparently gave everyone the finger. Apparently her brain was M.I.A. and one hopes the money she was supposed to have been paid for appearing on the show will be M.I.A. as well. I think that's what the network is going to have to do in future. A clause must be put in their contract - if you do something vulgar or stupid or something that was not in your act as you rehearsed it - you . do . not. get. paid.

Maybe that will stop them.

Oh - the Coke Polar Bear ads. No sex in those.

No comments:

Post a Comment