Wednesday, July 27, 2011

AT&T Phone Service Commercial.

I'll have to update this post when I find out the correct name of the advertiser. All I really know is that it is some cellphone service...I think it is AT&T.

It's a commercial that perpetuates the stereotype of the dumb husband and the shewish/intelligent wife.

A nerdy-looking husband opens the door to the greenhouse where his wife is busy cutting flowers, and says excitedly, "Oh, I've got 500 minutes for our phones" or something of that nature.

The wife, in a rude, shrewish voice, says something like, "That's great. You dont think you should have consulted your wife about this? Where's the money for all those minutes supposed to come from? Mother was right, I should have married.... (so and so).

And the husband looks at his wife, stunned, and says, "The minutes are free."

Then cue the "funny" reaction shot from the wife, who looks up as she realizes she's just made a fool of herself.

And this ending is supposed to be funny, but I'm thinking, if I were that husband, I would be extremely hurt and filing for a divorce the next day, and refusing to give the wife alimony because she's clearly not in love with him and thinks he's stupid.

Just an unpleasant commercial all around.

1 comment:

  1. Agree - stupid advertising - and we don't know who the carrier is - we switch channels - horrible commercial

    ReplyDelete