Saturday, January 1, 2011

It Only Hurts When I Laugh - TV show

It Only Hurts When I Laugh is another reality show on TruTV, in which a smarmy voice over guy makes fun of people having accidents that are supposed to be funny, like women slipping and falling on their high heels, or kids on sleds doing face plants.

I just watched a few minutes of it - thanks to my Dad who unfortunately thinks these things are funny.

A Chinese male gymnast performing on the parallel bar does some kind of reverse move, and hits the back of his neck on the bar before falling unconscious to the floor. I guarantee he was either dead or paralyzed for the rest of his life - and we're supposed to laugh at that?

Then a weight lifter doing a clean and jerk, with probably 300 pounds of weights on each side of the barbell. He falls, and one end of the barbell - the weights - hits him in the head. When 300 pounds hit you in the head, I seriously doubt if you get up and walk away. He also was either dead or seriously injured, and we're supposed to laugh at that?

This is a horrible show, and its so sad that people actually like to laugh at these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment