Monday, December 27, 2010

The first thing you lose when you get old...

Is your memory.

A couple of hours ago I saw a commercial that pandered to the lowest common denominator, now that I've got my computer and can blog about it...I can't remember what it was.

Of course most commercials these days do so, which is why if I were able to watch TV on a full time basis now, I could make more than 5 posts a day to this blog. As it is, the TV is upstairs and I'm downstairs...

I am watching TV shows I taped 5-10 years ago, as I convert my VHS tapes to DVD-R, and commercials were almost as bad then as they are now. The usual suspects - dumb husbands, understanding moms and know-it-all kids. The abject sexuality of today's commercials isn't quite as apparent - or at least they weren't shown during A&E's airing of Perry Mason, the tapes I'm currently working throug...

I suppose I could talk about the Beyonce commercial...I think she's advertising a Vizio, where she's performing a strip-tease type dance in front of a guy who would rather watch her on the TV screen...

No comments:

Post a Comment