Thursday, August 26, 2010

State Farm Insurance (commercial)

State Farm has two commercial spokesmen. One is a black actor whom I believe stars on The Unit (or some similar TV show), the other is a young white guy.

The white guy, in the commercials I've seen of him, interacts with people who have to live on a budget, that they didn't use to have to do.

So I'm watching Bones on TNT, and I've just seen a commercial with the white guy, and one young man is walking along and he says proudly to one of his friends, "I found out that if I bring my lunch to work instead of going out, I can save $60 a month!"

And I'm thinking, well, golly gee whiz, who knew that if you didn't go out to restaruants, but instead brought food you'd made from home, you could actually save money??? Thanks so much All State for giving me this invaluable piece of advice, that never would have occurred to me!

It's bad enough that commercials have dumbed down the US for 30 years or more, do they really need to go this much lower?

No comments:

Post a Comment