Monday, June 14, 2010

Yahoo News (Internet News)


Although Google is my homepage of choice, I have Yahoo messenger, and as such, when I log into my computer each day, I am treated to a screen full of Yahoo News.

The most trivial, most unimportant news, all focused on gossip of the actors of the day.

For example, today I was informed that Catherine Zeta-Jones had tripped over her dress while getting on stage for the Tonys. Did I really need to know this? Did anybody really need to know this?

But that is the kind of crap Yahoonews presents us with. I've seen the earth-shattering news that two actresses showed up at the same event with the same dress, that one actress did her own dress alterations by borrowing a scissors and cutting away, and so on.

This is not the level of reporting that even gossip reporters should descend to. I'm sure there will soon come a day when we're told how many times a particular actor goes to the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment