Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hannity.com (Talk radio host, Republican party)



I generally listen to the Rush LImbaugh show. I have on occasion tried to listen to the Hannity show, but I have to admit his voice gets on my nerves. He always sounds so... I can't think of the word.... but I prefer people who speak calmly.

In any event, a couple of weeks ago Al Gore and his wife Tipper filed for divorce. Or rather, Tipper apparently filed for the divorce. And there was great jubiliation among many Republicans, who thought...oh, some scandal must be responsible for this, something we can turn to our political advantage.

Now there's news that Gore was investigated for "groping" a woman in Oregon, and of course Republican sites (not necessarily Republican sites, but those of private citizens who are Republicans, and various talk show people) are saying, OH, this must be a cover up, why isn't he in jail, and so on.

Now, dont' get me wrong, I'm a Republican - or rather I have Republicnan principals, not something a lot of Republicans have these days, but I really find this salivating and "sharks gathering to feed" distasteful. It's like everything else - wait until all the facts are in until you start making accusations, instead of guessing and posting speculation as fact.

The Hannity website has a message froum, that also makes for interesting reading. It contains both Democrats and Republicans, and its interesting to read their arguments in which none of them are ever convinced by what the other person has to say.

But what is interesting is the deliberate misrepesentations that go on on these message boards. People read a sentence in a news article, and they riff on this until it's a whole big condemnation of Obama and his policies, or of a specific politician, etc. IT's just too funny, but rather scary at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment