Saturday, October 9, 2010

Conan - TV talk show

I don't watch talk shows. At least, I used to watch them decades ago, when Johnny Carson was the host, but today, no.

But, I live in the world, so I am familiar with Jay Leno, David Letterman, Craig Ferguson, and Conan O'Brien. I'm aware that Conan took over Jay Leno's spot as host of the Tonight Show when that guy left to go to prime time, where he bombed.

Then, Conan was kicked off the Tonight Show and Leno was reinstated, which I thought was unfair.

But now Conan has his own show again, and I've got to admit I'm conceiving a dislike of the guy just by watching the commercials for his show.

There's one where he's "dancing" without music. Of course it isn't dancing - perhaps he's channeling Austin Power - but in any rate it's some sexual movements that, with music, would be called dancing today, but since he has no music, it just makes him look like an ass. (And it does, too.)

Then there's the one where he's sitting, or rather lying, stretched out in a chair and just turns his head to look at the audience. I'm thinking, Oh, please, get over yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment